This is an extra fast Wi-Fi extender that comes with compact design and complied with 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi standard which offers up to 750Mbps. It solves the common problem of unstable, slow internet speed and dead zones. It has 3 modes as Repeater, Access Point, and Router. You can switch to any mode accordingly. WL-WN578B2 extender setup is pretty easy to install and it takes around 10-15 minutes hardly. After a successful connection, you can enjoy blazing the internet. Perfect for seamless streaming, lag-free gaming experience, etc. Here are the methods and steps to setup Wavlink WN-WL578B2 Extender-
Setup Wavlink WN-WL578B2 Extender via WPS
Here in the steps for Wavlink WN-WL578B2 Extender via WPS setup is provided for you. You need to follow these steps one by one in case of your wavlink setup via WPS.
- Connect your WN578B2 extender to the power supply and keep it nearby your router to avoid interruptions.
- To start up it takes around 45 seconds and an LED indicator starts flashing light.
- Now press the WPS button of the router and release after the router’s light blinking showing it is ready to connect.
- Press the WPS button of the WL-WN578B2 extender until there is blinking light showing it is connecting to the router.
- Once the flashing light turns solid you’ll know the WN578B2 repeater is connected to the router now.
- Now you can place this extender to anywhere you want to increase your wireless signals.
Setup Wavlink WN-WL578B2 Extender via Web Browser
Now you will be able to set up Wavlink WN-WL578B2 Extender via Web Browser. These steps help you to complete the setup process.
- Plugin your Wavlink WL-WN578B2 AERIAL Extender and router to the power supply and make sure to place them closely.
- After connecting the device to the outlet wait for about 45 seconds for the LED light to blink.
- Go to the Wi-Fi list in your Phone/PC and connect to the Wavlink’s default network i.e. Wavlink_Extender_2.4ghz.
- Open the updated web browser in the same connected device. In the address bar type ” http://wifi.wavlink.com or http://ap.setup “.
- Wavlink extender setup UI will open. Type ‘ admin ‘ as default password and select your language. Press login.
- The next page will ask you to select your region, time zone, and a new password. This new password will be used while logging next time.
- Wavlink Web UI will open go to the Wizard option -> select Repeater mode and find and select your host Wi-Fi network and type password and click the ‘Connect’
- Now, wait for the progress bar to complete and wait for more for about 40-60 seconds.
- When the blinking LED light turns back to solid it indicates a successful setup.
Setup Wavlink WN-WL578B2 AERIAL D3Q Extender as Access Point
The process of Wavlink WN-WL578B2 aerial D3Q extender setup as Access Point is available here. One by One process is sharing and this information will be enough for your help.
- Plugin your AERIAL D3Q repeater to the electric supply.
- Toggle the switch to Access Point and connect the Ethernet cable of the router to the LAN port of the extender.
- Now open the Wi-Fi list on your device and Connect the extender’s default Wi-Fi network.
- Open any browser in the connected device and type ” http://wifi.wavlink.com or http://ap.setup” in the address bar and press Enter.
- A web page will open asking for Username and password. Type ‘admin’ in both places as default and click ‘Login’.
- Next Wavlink Extender setup page will open Select Wizard -> Select Access Point.
- Create a new SSID, security type and password.
- Now, wait for the progress bar to complete and wait further for around 60 seconds.
- After reconfiguration and rebooting your Wavlink WL-WN578B2 repeater is now ready to work as Access Point.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’S)
Q) Do Wavlink USB Adapters need to install drivers?
A) Installation of the drivers is needed before being used. For Microsoft Windows, it will be automatically installed by the internet.
Q) Where to see the firmware version?
A) Connect the device and computer. Type “192.168.10.1” or “http ap setup admin” on the browser. The firmware version can be seen after clicking on “setup”.
Q) What if I cannot log into the Wavlink setup page?
A) This problem can occur due to many reasons. To solve this problem please ensure-
* Hardware connections are properly made
* IP address you typed is correctly entered
If the problem persists please try using a different browser and clear the cookies on the web browser.
At last, Reset your extender if the problem still exists.