Our lives are increasingly moving online. From ordering groceries and clothes to interviewing, almost everything can easily be done online with minimum hassle.
The launch of the metaverse will further accelerate this transition and you need to be ready for it. By this, we mean you need to pick up the right skills in order to take advantage of the opportunities that are opening up.
With brands increasingly advertising online, digital marketing is one of the spaces that have massive potential to help you in your career.
Pursuing an MBA in Digital Marketing is the first step you should take towards your destination.
Want to know more? Read on below.
What is an MBA in Digital Marketing?
An MBA in Digital Marketing is a two-year postgraduate degree program. It helps you learn how to market products and services online through social media, blogs, ads and much more.
An MBA in Digital Marketing will teach you managerial, technical and soft skills.
MBA in Digital Marketing Eligibility
While the exact eligibility criteria differ for every college, here is the basic criteria usually followed-
- You need to be a graduate of a recognised university.
- You need to have 50% marks minimum during college. (For SC/ST it’s a little less.)
- Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply.
- Aspirants must appear for MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, state entrance exams etc.
Why Pursue an MBA in Digital Marketing
There are many reasons to pursue an MBA in Digital Marketing.
It is the new branch of marketing and with everything moving online now, its use will definitely increase from here. Moreover, MBA graduates can expect a sharp hike in salary post completion of the degree.
An MBA in Digital Marketing also helps you climb the corporate ladder by making you eligible for managerial roles right from the beginning of your career.
Scope of an MBA in Digital Marketing
There is no dearth of opportunities post completion of your MBA in Marketing Degree. The jobs available in the market will only increase from here.
Post completion of your MBA in Digital Marketing degree, you can work in many different industries like marketing, FMCG, IT, banking, FMCG etc.
Job Opportunities after an MBA in Digital Marketing
You can apply for the following job profiles as an MBA in Digital Marketing grad-
- Digital Marketing Manager– Helping grow the brand through online means.
- Brand Manager- Spreading awareness about the brand.
- Advertising Manager– Making the public notice the product.
- Market Research Analyst- Finding market gaps and conducting customer as well as competitor research.
- Public Relations Manager- Showing the company in a positive light in the media.
MBA is a degree worth its weight in gold. It provides the ideal foundation for your career as a manager.
While pursuing an MBA, you need to decide on a specialisation. Digital Marketing can be a top choice with great future prospects considering the adoption of online means of marketing by brands and companies.
We have provided you with all the information required to make a wise decision. At the end of the day, you need to make the voice after considering all the factors.
We hope you make the correct decision!