Gum diseases—also known as periodontal Disease, are caused by bad oral health. Treating gum diseases takes frequent visits to the dentist’s clinic. Maintaining good oral health by brushing two times a day, flossing, and using mouthwash on a daily basis, is the best way to avoid gum diseases.
However, sometimes even the most careful ones are affected by the periodontal diseases which can be classified in two different stages
- Gingivitis: In this stage, the gums and soft tissues around the teeth swell and loosen the grip of the tooth.
- Periodontitis: An advanced stage of the disease that originates from the gums and spreads down to the bone supporting the tooth.
Both types of periodontal diseases can be treated in specific ways depending on the extent of the damage caused by it. Where visiting the dentist for treating gum diseases may seem like a better option; choosing to treat gum diseases through useful home remedies can also be considered.
Described below are some effective home remedies to treat periodontal disease
Another effective remedy to strengthen gums teeth, and prevent dryness of the throat. Follow the steps to achieve effectiveness.
- Swish a spoon of coconut oil or Sesame seed oil around in the mouth for 15 to 20 minutes
- Spit it out and rinse it with Luke warm water.
Continue it for some days every morning.
Tee tree oil
Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial ingredient that can help to fight microorganisms. It reduces bleeding and inflammation. It is also beneficial for other dental issues, which can cause serious health problems. You can use it in the following ways.
- Apply the oil in the form of gel using a toothbrush twice daily for some weeks.
- Add add a drop of tea tree oil in your regular toothpaste and brush your teeth twice daily.
Turmeric is an effective way to kill bacteria present in the gums and provides instant relief from the pain and inflammation. It promotes oral health is a potent anti-inflammatory ingredient used in many products. Follow these steps to be effective.
- Brush your teeth and gums with turmeric powder. Follow it every day two times for somedays.
- Prepare a gum pack using a pinch of turmeric with vitamin E oil or water to make a paste. Apply it on the gum every day at night and wash it in the morning. Continue for several weeks for it to be effective.
Salt is antiseptic and antibacterial, which makes it useful in fighting bacteria, causing periodontitis. It can reduce inflammation and pain caused by the disease. There are two ways to be effective:
- Add two tablespoons of salt to lukewarm water and swish a mouthful of solution for a minute. Continue doing it for some time and do it at least three times a day.
- Add a pinch of salt with mustard and use the solution in place of the toothpaste.
- Leave the mixture on for five minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Follow it for several days every morning.
Using a guava leaf mouthwash
Guava leaves are effective at maintaining oral hygiene. Studies show that the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of the guava leave mouthwash have resulted in effective plaque control. It reduces inflammation, relieves pain, and gives a fresh breath to the user. You can use the following steps.
- Crush five to six guava leaves
- Add the crushed leaves into a cup of boiling water
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Allow it to cool and add a pinch of salt to the solution
- Swish the warm water like the mouthwash in the mouth for 30 seconds
- Spit out the solution
- Repeat two or three times a day
Aloe Vera is an effective plat used to reduce plaque and gingivitis; unlike other mouthwash options, using Aloe Vera juice doesn’t require to be mixed with any other solution. Before using it, make sure it is 100% pure to be used.
To use Aloe Vera as a mouthwash, follow the steps below:
- Swish the juice in the mouth for 30 seconds
- Spit out the solution
- Repeat for two to three times a day.
Make sure that the Aloe juice you buy is from a reliable source. Follow the instructions on the label and make sure not to use it as a mouthwash if you have ever had an allergic reaction from using Aloe Vera.
Lemongrass oil is an effective and traditional way to reduce plaque and gingivitis. To use lemongrass as a mouthwash, you need to:
- Take a cup of water and dilute two to three drops of lemongrass in it
- Swish the solution for 30 seconds
- Spit out the solution
- Repeat two to three times per day
Besides just using these home remedies to cure gums, make sure to get emergency dental care in Tulsa to maintain oral hygiene. Protecting the gums and maintaining oral hygiene is essential for the overall health of an individual.