Private social media is the platform where the user can control whom they want to communicate with, who can see their contents and what information they share and whom they share it with. These platforms are more secure and private than public platforms. The plan and simple example of a private social media network would be a Facebook messenger, and that of the public would be Facebook profile where some or all of the information you provide is available to the public.
A few of the advantages private social media sites are as follows;
- Social media keep us connected with our friends family and colleagues no matter where in the world they are, as long as they have the right device and Internet connection.
- Where it was almost impossible for people who have traveled abroad to stay in touch with their distant family members or school friends as international call rates were very high and the call time was restricted. So if someone was going to spend some money on making a phone call they might as well just call their siblings, parents or spouse ad kids. Now with social media sites and Internet, people can keep in touch from all over the world, Facebook has given the platform for people to find their friends from school and stay in touch with them from across the world.
- Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp are private social media platforms where you can call your friend and family and can share your daily life events on the statuses etc you can share any live events with your loved ones over the video call.
- Nowadays business hold video conferences from different branches of a business
- People are even taking job interviews on Skype video call to see if they need to hire someone without them having to travel across the city, country or continent for that matter.
- Social media has helped so much for advertisements. So people can promote their businesses on social media
- On websites like stock, Facebook markets, etc people can sell their used and unwanted stuff which would otherwise just take up space and earn some extra cash.
- You can get news feeds in your social media sites keeping you aware of your surroundings.
- Social media has been a platform for so many people to share their view and be heard who otherwise would be ignored
- Social media has been a platform for people to put pressure on the governments to protest or raise there voice for a better chance in society without actually going on sticks and rallies.
- Social media has helped so many sex offender and pedophiles’ brought to justice who would have otherwise been stayed in shadows.
Disadvantages of private social media sites are as follows
- On private networks, you sometimes don’t even know whom you are sharing the information with. Someone can actually exploit you.
- Teenagers have been victims of cyberbullying by private forums set up by particular school students or by people in general
- When you are communicating with someone you have never met on social media sites you don’t know what kind of person you are actually dealing with. People sometimes give wrong information and con people out of private information or even money.
- People are getting so indulged in the social media and online friends that they end up ignoring people who are around them, they become anti-social, thinking that they are actually specializing.
- There are so many hackers and scammers out there that sometimes it’s to hard to tell the difference between genuine business and a scam.
- And as good as it is to stay in touch with people and know more about what is going on in your loved ones’ lives, it can sometimes not be very healthy to know so much about other lives that you lose track of your own. People end up comparing their lives with others. For instance, Your best friend and her husband went to dinner in a restaurant you have to go too, without keeping in mind your own budget. People enjoy the moments less and post them on Instagram more just to show other people that they are having fun, which in fact they might not.
So advantages and disadvantages all depend on how you use these private social media platforms. If you use everything in modesty you can control your life on social media. One should take advantage of these platforms to promote their businesses, learn new skills and be your own entrepreneur. There are websites like EE Stone that keep your information private and gives you a chance to be your own boss and provide online services as well as door to door services to people. Through EE Stone you can reach people from all over the places if you require any online service as well as if you provide and products and services. Their secure payment system keeps you safe from scammers and time waster. You provide a service and your client can pay into EE stones secure account, and payment then can be realized after the job is done via authorization. This gives so many people opportunities to start their own business from home while looking after their kids, or not having to travel far. People can provide certain services, for instance, making a website from a different country.
So if you want to catch up with this fast-growing world, social media sites is a key tool to use properly and intelligently and It can do wonders for you and your business. Nowadays you can be an influencer on social media and can earn so much via different sponsorships. You can be an art teacher or teacher in any of your favorite subject for your viewers; you can open cooking channels or can give fashion tips, or can sell homemade stuff online, etc. With social media and its fast-growing popularity, even skies are not a limit anymore.