One of the best phases in a women’s life is the nine months when she holds her baby inside her tummy with utmost love and care. And this is the most crucial phase when she needs to take care of herself to protect her baby from any foreign stimulant or internal enemies inside the stomach.
The beautiful experience of being pregnant is also associated with some embarrassing problems, such as gas and bloating. Many pregnant women complain about this problem. Several causes lead to the formation of gas during pregnancy. So, you must be searching for the best home remedy for gas during pregnancy over the internet. Let us discuss the causes and solutions to this problem in detail.
Causes of gas during pregnancy
Several reasons lead to gas and bloating during pregnancy. Some reasons may be physical, some may be due to hormonal imbalance, and some other due to psychological problems. The following may be the biological reasons for the formation of gas during pregnancy-
- Change in progesterone level may be caused due to the hormonal changes that your body undergoes due to Pregnancy. This hormone relaxes smooth muscle tissues throughout your body, including your gastrointestinal tract. But in return, you get gas, bloating, burping, flatulence during pregnancy. You can cure this cause by cutting back the foods that are most likely to cause it. Some common offenders maybe beans, whole grains, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and asparagus.
- The growing womb pressing the stomach- Increased progesterone production and the growing womb pressing on the stomach are responsible for indigestion in pregnancy.
- Acid formation in the stomach- The acid that Is formed in the stomach comes back to the mouth, resulting in the burning of the chest and flatulence. This is due to burping continuously.
Symptoms of gas during pregnancy
There are various signs and symptoms that you may face during your pregnancy; not necessarily all are caused due to formation of gas. The symptoms may differ from person to person. The very common symptoms that average pregnant women face are heartburn, regurgitation, stomach pain, feeling of fullness, feeling hungry, bloating, nausea, burping, etc. Many women may also feel excessively hungry, or some may feel full even without having a full diet. There are some other symptoms that you may face. So it is advisable to consult a specialist even if you notice a minor change in your health condition. But before going to a doctor? It is necessary to know some home remedy for gas during pregnancy.
Home remedies to help gas during pregnancy
You must take care of various things during your pregnancy, like consuming plenty of fluids, avoiding gas-forming foods, using herbal methods, etc. For ages, people have been using natural home remedies to treat digestive ailments during pregnancy.
- Use Fenugreek seeds- The use of Fenugreek seeds for gas problems has been prevalent for ages. You need to soak these seeds in a glass of water overnight and consume it in the morning on an empty stomach after discarding the water
- Ginger- It has been used medicinally for many years as a digestive stimulant. It cures various problems, including bloating and gas. Chewing a raw piece of ginger is most effective in digestion and helps strengthen your immunity.
- Chamomile- It has been used as a medicine for decades in past. Pregnant women can consume chamomile tea to relieve gas and stomach related problems.
- Peppermint is another effective herbal remedy brewed in a teacup to feel fresh and relieve irritable bowel syndrome during pregnancy.
These are various effective and easily available home remedies that help pregnant women t You can also maintain a healthy diet and change your lifestyle pattern to remain fit and prevent gas problems.