Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure, which involves the usage of pricking needles to prick the skin. Most people choose to have micro needling done on their faces. However, it can also be done on other parts of your body. Microneedling is necessarily a derma roller procedure that leads the skin to generate fresh collagen, which makes the skin more toned. Microneedling is a safe process that helps people outcome aging, acne, and wounds. It makes your skin firmer and brighter. Microneedling gives the best results when it has multiple sessions. An efficient schedule consists of four visits. Additionally, micro needling is a better process than home-rollers. However, you will require the supervision of a dermatologist to make sure your skin is compatible with the entire process of micro needling.
Advantages of micro needling.
Microneedling is a gentle process and is compatible with all skin types. You may also consider a special process that is meant to cater to the needs of your skin. Nevertheless, there are visual advantages of micro needling, like:
- Reduces the appearance of acne and wrinkles: The process of micro needling produces collagen and elastin. This helps fight against aging and wrinkles. Additionally, the two substances add strength to the pores of your skin which makes your skin healthy and fresh. Microneedling also produces new skin cells, that help the skin to breathe better. Especially, for people who have stressful jobs, wrinkles can become prominent way before you expect them. This may significantly alter the health of your skin. to be on the safer the healthier side, it is not wrong to consider treating your body with what it wants, and micro needling may be the first step to show your body that you care.
- Reduces stretch marks: As one grows older, stress marks become more prominent. One of the ways to reduce their appearance is micro needling. Microneedling is even more useful during pregnancy when one must pay special attention to their body, acne treatment is vital to give your body the strength it may have lost.
- Protection against sun damage: micro needling can especially protect your skin from intense sun damage. This is particularly applicable for people who have brown skin. micro needling significantly helps to fight against hyperpigmentation and age spots. Microneedling is compatible with your skin tone and the treatment is such that it gives your skin and pores all the material they need to ensure that your skin remains well protected.
How to protect your skin after micro needling?
Although micro needling is a healing process in itself, you must take certain measures after your session to maximize the resulting outcome.
- To naturally prepare your skin for maximum production of collagen, avoid using any chemical on your face 24 hr before the session.
- Avoid going out in the sun for at least 24 hours after an individual session. Direct exposure to the skin may hinder the procedure to act efficiently.
- Discomfort like itching is common. However, it is essential that you do not expose your skin to any harsh products or chemical solutions right after the procedure.
- The regular recovery period after micro needling is about 24 hours. However, it may take more depending upon the intensity of the treatment.